In order to bring more value to our clients we provide proxy connections to our servers. This way, our premium users are able to browse anonymously in simple and easy way.
This post shows how to setup the HideIpVPN proxy to work with Internet Explorer (all versions). Here are the steps to follow:
- Open Internet Explorer
- Go to menu Tools -> Internet Options (if you don’t see the menu, right-click and check Menu Bar)
- Choose Connections tab and press LAN Settings button
- In the Local Area Network (LAN) Settings window, check Use a proxy server for your LAN:
- IP address instead of hostname) and the Port (3129 or 8080 or 81). You have to check the email you have received when you have created the HideIpVPN account. You will find there the available servers. of the server (or use
- Press Ok and then Ok again and you are done.
- When you will try to access a site you will be promted for the username and password. Enter the same username and password you use to connect by VPN.
After the configuration is completed go to www.myiptest.com and check your new IP address. You can now browse anonymously using US or UK IP address. After you are done, do not forget to uncheck Use a proxy server for your LAN.