In order to bring more value to our clients we provide proxy connections to our servers. This way, our premium users are able to browse anonymously in simple and easy way.
This post shows how to setup the HideIpVPN proxy to work with Firefox (all versions). Here are the steps to follow:
- Open Firefox
- Go to Tools -> Options…
- Choose Network tab and press Settings button
- In the Connection Settings window, check Manual proxy configuration:
- In the same window, fill in the HTTP Proxy (or use IP address instead of hostname) and the Port (3129 or 8080 or 81). You have to check the email you have received when you have created the HideIpVPN account. You will find there the available servers.
- Press Ok and then Ok again and you are done.
- When you will try to access a site you will be promted for the username and password. Enter the same username and password you use to connect by VPN.
After the configuration is completed go to myiptest.com and check your new IP address. You can now browse anonymously using Firefox.
Important! Do not forget to change your Connection Settings from Manual proxy configuration to Direct connection to the internet, after you are done with your activites under hidden ip.