In this tutorial, we will show you how to set up WireGuard VPN on iOS but first let’s see what are our requirements and recommendations.
Generate the Wireguard configuration
- Now you need to access Wireguard tab in your package details. Sign in to your Client Area. Then go to Packages (1) and select your active package (2).
- Once you have accessed your package details click on Wireguard tab
- Select the VPN server you want to connect to.
You will get the Wireguard configuration and the QR code for the selected server.
Important! Keep the PrivateKey a closely guarded secret, do not share it with anyone and do not post it on the Internet. This is your personal key, similar to your private username & password on HideIPVPN.
Install WireGuard on iOS
- Install the WireGuard app for iOS.
- Launch the WireGuard application on your iOS device and click on the “+” button. (pin 3 )
- Next, click on the Scan from QR code.
- The WireGuard app will ask for permissions to scan QR codes. Click on OK.
- Scan the QR code that was generated at step 3 section “Generate the Wireguard configuration”.
Type the name of the tunnel, for example, HideIPVPN, and click on SAVE.
- WireGuard will request permission to set up a VPN connection. Tap Allow.
- Tap the on/off toggle to connect/disconnect VPN.
“WireGuard” is a registered trademark of Jason A. Donenfeld.