Welcome to HideIPVPN. Here you will find how to setup L2TP IPsec on Windows 8.
Important:For an easier and faster connection we recommend you to use our free HideIPVPN software. Also check how to setup an use our VPN and Smart DNS software for Windows. But if you want to setup it manually, just follow the instructions below.
Note:Before start, you need to have an active VPN account, if you do not have one follow the link –
Get FREE VPN trial account!
1. First, find on your taskbar network icon and press right click (1). Then choose “Open Network and Sharing Center” (2)
2. Now press on “Set up a new connection or network” (3)
3. In the next window, choose “Connect to a workplace” (4) and click Next.
4. In the next window, choose “Use my Internet Connection (VPN)” (4.1)
5. Under “Internet address” type the IP address of the HideIPVPN server you want to connect (5). Check the list of IP addresses under your package details in client area. In the Destination name box type the name for this connection. For example “HideIPVPN L2TP IPsec” (6). Then click Create.
6. Now in “Network and Sharing Center” click “Change adapter settings (7).
7. Find your new connection and press right-click, then select “Properties” (8)
8. In properties windows you have to do next steps:
8.1 Enter preshared key for authentication “hideipvpn” (13) and click OK.
Almost done. Click again on the monitor icon on the bottom right-hand corner, find “HideIPVPN L2TP IPsec” connection and press on it. Then click “Connect”.
You will be prompted to type your VPN username and password. Once done click “OK”.
Done, your Windows 8 now should be connected to the VPN server via L2TP/IPsec protocol. To end connection just press “Disconnect”.
If you have problems while connecting to our VPN server, just let us know by submitting ticket or through live-chat on our homepage.