Welcome to HideIPVPN. Here you will find how to setup L2TP/IPSec on Chromebook.
Before starting, if you don’t have a VPN account you must get it – Get FREE VPN trial account!
Steps to setup L2TP/IPSec on Chromebook
1. Log in to your Chrome device.
2. Click the status bar at the bottom right of your desktop. Then select Settings.
4. In the Internet connection section, click Add connection and select Add private network.
5. In the Add private network dialog specify the following information:
- Server hostname – type the server name or IP address of desired VPN server. For example uk1.hideipvpn.com
- Service name – Type “HideIPVPN” as service name.
- Provider type – select L2TP/IPsec + pre-shared key
- Pre-shared key: hideipvpn
- Username: enter your VPN username
- Password: enter your VPN password
6. Once done click “Connect”.
7. From the status bar, you should now see that you are connected to HideIPVPN.
Now you’re done. Enjoy your privacy and have a nice time using HideIPVPN.