Welcome to HideIPVPN. This tutorial will guide you how to setup an OpenVPN on Android Marshmallow and Lollipop.
We recommend you to use our free VPN app for Android, for an easier and faster connection. But if you want to setup it manually, just follow our instructions. Before start, you need to have an active VPN account, if you do not have one follow the link – Get FREE VPN trial account!
Setup OpenVPN on Android Marshmallow
Now, you need to download OpenVPN configs. Sign in to your Client Area. Then go to Packages (1) and select your active package (2).
2. Then scroll down and find “OpenVPN Config files”. Press on “Download for all operating systems” link (3) and save archive file on your device.
3. Now install OpenVPN app. (3) Once installed please open app.
4. Press on “Options button” (4)
5. Then press on “Import”
6. and choose “Import Profile from SD card”
7. Find the folder where you unzipped the OpenVPN configuration files. Open this folder and select the one of server’s config file you want (7). Press on “Select” button (8).
8. Type your VPN username (9) and password (10). Then press “Connect” (11)
9. In “Connection request” box press OK.
10. Now you are connected. To disconnect just press on “Disconnect” button (12).
You’re done! Enjoy fast and secure VPN from HideIPVPN.