Welcome to HideIPVPN. This tutorial post shows how to setup proxy on Internet Explorer (all versions).
Before starting, if you don’t have a VPN account you must get it – Get FREE VPN trial account!
It’s pretty easy to setup proxy on Internet Explorer.
- Open your Internet Explorer. Then you have to find “Internet options” (2). There are two ways to find it:
- First way – press Alt key on your keyboard and in main menu press on “Tools” (2), then press on “Internet options”
- Second way – At the top wright corner of the Internet Explorer window find Settings button (1), then find “Internet options”
2. In opened window, please choose “Connections” tab (3). Then press on “LAN settings” (4).
3. Now in “Local Area Network (LAN) Settings” windows, you will have to do next steps as it is shown in the image below:
- Check “Use a proxy server for your LAN” (5)
- In “Address” box type the name of server you want to connect. For example us5.hideipvpn.com (6)
- In “Port” box type one o these 3 ports: 3129, 8080 or 81. (7)
- Once done press OK. (8)
When you will try to access a website you will be prompted to enter your username and password. Enter the same username and password that you use to connect by VPN.
Now you’re done! Enjoy proxy on Internet Explorer with HideIPVPN.