Update 11/6/2009: The solution listed below is no longer working. Please check this post for details.
After blocking a lot of free VPN services, it seems that Hulu turned its attention to commercial VPNs. Yesterday, Hulu has blocked all our main server IP addresses. This way, a lot of users that were watching Hulu using HideIpVPN got the “Based on your IP address, we noticed you are trying to access Hulu through an anonymous proxy tool” message.
In order to solve the problem, we added a US temporary backup server for Hulu, till we got new IP’s for our main US server.
Solution for PPTP connection
All you have to do is to change the server from us.hideipvpn.com to us2.hideipvpn.com. If you don’t know exactly how to do it you should create a new PPTP connection following the tutorials.
Solution for OpenVPN
You have to perform the following chnages in the OpenVPN config files:
1. Go to “C:\Program Files\OpenVPN\config\hideipvpn” config directory.
2. Find “Hideipvpn-US.ovpn” file.
3. Copy/duplicate it to another file name ex: Hideipvpn-US2.ovpn
4. Edit new file with WordPad or Notepad
5. Find “remote us.hideipvpn.com 443” and change to “remote us2.hideipvpn.com 443”
6. Save changes.
7. Go to OpenVPN and you’ll find new server to connect.
8. Use the same user/pass.
Please contact us if you are still not able to watch Hulu using our servers.