We recommend you use our free VPN software for Windows. However if you prefer to use manual setup of PPTP on Windows 8, please follow this tutorial. Setting up HideIPVPN with PPTP access under Windows 8 is again simple. The following instructions go step-by-step through the creation process of a PPTP connection.
Before starting, if you don’t have an active VPN account you must get it – Get FREE VPN trial account!
Setup PPTP on Windows 8
1. Find on your taskbar network icon and press right click (1). Then choose “Open Network and Sharing Center” (2)
2. Now press on “Set up a new connection or network” (3)
3. In the next window, choose “Connect to a workplace” (4) and click Next.
4. Now choose “Use my Internet Connection (VPN)” (4.1)
5. Under “Internet address” type the name (for example – us1.hideipvpn.com) or IP address of the HideIPVPN server you want to connect (5). Check the list of IP addresses under your package details in client area. In the Destination name box type the name for this connection. For example “HideIPVPN PPTP” (6). Then click Create.
6. Now in “Network and Sharing Center” click “Change adapter settings (7).
7. Find your new connection and press right-click, then select “Properties” (8)
8. In properties windows you have to do next steps:
- Under Security Tab for Type of VPN select “Point to Point Tunneling Protocol (PPTP)” (9)
- Tick on “Allow these protocols” (10)
- Check on “Microsoft CHAP version 2 (MS-CHAP v2)” (11).
Almost done. Click again on the monitor icon on the bottom right-hand corner, find “HideIPVPN L2TP IPsec” connection and press on it. Then click “Connect”.
You will be prompted to type your VPN username and password. Once done click “OK”.
Done, your Windows 8 now should be connected to the VPN server via L2TP/IPsec protocol. To end connection just press “Disconnect”.
If you have problems while connecting to our VPN server, just let us know by submitting ticket or through live-chat on our homepage.