Note! Starting with iOS 10, PPTP VPN connection isn’t available anymore on iPhone and iPad. More information here.
Here you will find a simple instruction of how to setup PPTP on iPhone (compatible with iOS 8 and iOS 9 ).
We recommend you to use our free VPN app for iOS, for an easier and faster connection. But if you want to setup it manually, just follow our instructions. Before start, you need to have an active VPN account, if you do not have one follow the link – Get FREE VPN trial account!
Setting up PPTP on iPhone in easy steps
1. Go to the Settings (1)
2. Go to General (2)
3. Scroll down and select VPN (3)
4. Click on Add VPN Configuration then press on type to choose vpn protocol (4)
In opened sub-menu select PPTP (4.1)
5. Select the PPTP VPN protocol at the top.
– For Description add any name you want ex: VPN HideIPVPN
– In the Server field type the host name or IP address of a HideIPVPN server you want to connect. (5)
– For Account enter your VPN username. (6)
– For Password enter your VPN password. (7)
– Encryption level let it “Auto”.
– Enable “Send All Traffic”
– Press Done
Once you’ll press Done you will be warned about VPN PPTP connection. Press Save.
6. You can now connect to the VPN. (8)
7. To Disconnect from VPN just disable VPN. (8)
8. In future to connect just go to Settings and enable/disable VPN (9)
Now you’re done! Enjoy your fast VPN on Iphone from HideIPVPN!