Update 11/26/2009: Good news! Hulu can be unblocked now using all US servers provided by us, including us1.hideipvpn.com and us.hideipvpn.com. Thank you for your patience and understanding!
This morning, Hulu has blocked our main servers once again. A lot of users that were watching Hulu using HideIpVPN got the “Based on your IP address, we noticed you are trying to access Hulu through an anonymous proxy tool” message. We are sorry for any incovenience this caused to our users.
We are working hard to solve the problem and unblock Hulu. Thank you for your understanding!
In order to temporarely solve the problem, you can use one of the secondary servers. Take a look to the settings described below.
Solution for PPTP connection
All you have to do is to change the server from us.hideipvpn.com to us2.hideipvpn.com. If you don’t know exactly how to do it you should create a new PPTP connection following the tutorials.
Solution for OpenVPN
You have to perform the following chnages in the OpenVPN config files:
1. Go to “C:\Program Files\OpenVPN\config\hideipvpn” config directory.
2. Find “Hideipvpn-US.ovpn” file.
3. Copy/duplicate it to another file name ex: Hideipvpn-US2.ovpn
4. Edit new file with WordPad or Notepad
5. Find “remote us.hideipvpn.com 443” and change to “remote us2.hideipvpn.com 443”
6. Save changes.
7. Go to OpenVPN and you’ll find new server to connect.
8. Use the same user/pass.