In this tutorial we will tell you, how you can watch BBC iPlayer on your Windows Phone 8 device through our new SmartDNS service.
First, you need to setup HideIPVPN Smart DNS servers on your home router. Detailed tutorials of “How to” do it can be found in this links: SmartDNS TP-Link setup and SmartDNS D-Link setup. Once this is done, please make sure that your IP address is updated in our data base. Now that your network is ready for DNS unlock of UK and US sites we can prepare your WP8 smartphone.
1. Go to “Settings”.
2. Choose “Language + region”.
3. Change “Country/Region” to United Kingdom and click “Restart phone”.
4. When your phone reboots, go to Windows Marketplace.
5. Type “iPlayer” in your Search Box.
6. Choose “BBC iPlayer” application from the list.
7. Once selected, choose to install “BBC iPlayer” application.
8. When installed, you should see “BBC iPlayer” in your applications.
9. This is it! If your SmartDNS service is properly installed on your home router and your IP address updated you will have no problem in starting and using your BBC iPlayer application on your Windows Phone 8 device.
Now, you can test both totally FREE! Sign up for our “Free 7 days SmartDNS trial” and see for yourself how easy it is to watch BBC iPlayer, Hulu, Netflix and more almost on any device!
HideIPVPN SmartDNS = no risk, no commitment (no C/C required for test).